Thursday 31 October 2013

I broke my own rules




Unless I knew them well, I never brought men to my apartment. That was my private place to entertain good friends.


I had gone to a party alone, met this interesting man, who watched me from across the room. He was tall, with black short hair with searing dark eyes. When he smiled, a dimple showed on his chin. He finally approached with a glass of wine. The kind I had been drinking and started to ask a few leading questions; where I worked, did I live close, was I married, could he give me a ride home? Saying I lived within walking distance, right away he came up with its not safe for a woman to walk alone so late at night. My thought was I did not know him and did not want him to know where I lived. He intrigued me as the night progressed, this was a man I thought I would date as his conversation was varied he had traveled to many places that I had only dreamed of going. 


When a few of the people started to leave, he approached the subject again, saying he would feel more comfortable if he could see me home. He was a smooth talker, laughing at his persistence I said fine, with trepidation.  
It took no time at all to arrive outside my building, he was out and opening my door and helping me out.  He asked for my keys so he could open the door to my Condo, I told him firmly that I was okay and thanked him. His response was, wasn't I going to invite him in for a drink to get to know each other better? 
Replying no, I turned to go inside when he took my arm pushing me inside. It happened so fast I did not have time to react before he held my face and kissed me hard, biting me viciously. He had me on the floor tearing at my clothes, and in a harsh whisper said I had been asking him for this all night.
I tried to fight back and got a hard fist in my face, I thought my teeth would certainly be  loosened from the blow. 
He raped me, ejaculating quickly. 
He said if I called the police he would come back and do the same thing again. Laughing he said he had used a condom so there would be no trace of his DNA. His last words to me were he knew I had enjoyed it, as he was very good at satisfying women. 
This man was crazy. Fixing his clothing, he turned with a sneer saying he would be back to satisfy me again soon.


My lip was already swelling as I stood under my shower letting the hot water run over my shaking body. How could I have been so stupid to let a person that I had only met near my home? Now he knew where I lived, I would be living in fear of his return.


I called Jill the next morning asking her how she had invited him to her party and did she know him well. He was a friend of a friend and had come with a person she had an occasional date with. She thought they called themselves the 'bad boys' as they joked about how many women they bedded. I told her what had happened, she was so apologetic, saying she would phone a friend and find out more about him. She thought I should phone the police.


I stayed off work for a couple of days as not to have to explain my swollen lip to anyone. I spend the first day at home on my computer tracking this monster down after getting his last name. He was a lawyer for a law office in the city. His girlfriend was a lawyer and they both worked for her father’s large firm. Pictures of them at benefit galas together showed up on the internet. She was from a very wealthy family.


I had a good friend from University, we had remained friends, and whenever I had trouble with my computer, he was always there to help.  He knew how to hack into anyone’s computer, so I invited him over for dinner. He loved home-made food and I knew I could get his help easily just by cooking him a great meal.


When Donny arrived I was surprised to see he had gained weight and looked older than his years since I had  last seen him. Right away he asked how I got my fat lip, so explaining what had happened and after a scrumptious meal, his words not mine, he said we had to go to a cyber cafe so I would never be connected to what he would do. He stressed that you should never get involved with a law firm doing something illegal. Most firms had the money to make life hard for you if you were caught. 

Starting his magic, he clicked away for over an hour, stopping to explain as he went. My head was swirling as I tried to keep up. He had a weblog site and email address set up, when he had finished he handed me a tiny little flash drive for downloads. Telling me every time I communicated with them, I was to come here, never on my own computer and to keep this flash drive safe. He stressed over again that I could be tracked on my own computer and under no circumstances to use it for this communication. I sent Donny home with left over’s and the rest of the chocolate cake, he commented anytime, sweet girl. He also mentioned to change cyber cafes often in case someone followed me.


I had everything I needed to know about Douglas Martin, his girlfriend and the law firm business. The next morning I headed out early.

 
Douglas Martin had a clients list, but first I scanned his private emails. I hit the jackpot, as he was one to keep even his private mail and not delete. Many women were his clients, they paid their bills with sex and favors and a lot of cash. I was sure he did not let his girlfriend Martha in on these arrangements. 
I sent each client and Martha a list of emails from all his women friends, not leaving out any of the complete sexual details of what went on behind her, the clients husbands and family's backs. Saying the families would see these next if they did not drop the law firm and Douglas Martin.


Where to start the client's list went on for pages. I zeroed in on Martha Regan’s father next. He came from a family that had money, property and not a great reputation on how they came into all their money. Certainly not all  legal, I had found the weak link.

I wrote to Mr. Regan and said I would expose his firm to the press, sending along a few of his own emails, now he knew he had been hacked. 
He was to fire Douglas Martin immediately. I put a few of the personal ones I had sent to Douglas clients in the email too. Adding the tax department may be interested how they were paid for their services, dear old Dad had a roving eye too.


Telling Mr. Regan he had been hacked by the best in the city my information was complete and I would continue leaking details about his clients and him. I told him I would not stop this vendetta and revenge on Douglas. He and his daughter were in the middle of it because of Douglas and his lifestyle. I explained I had hundred of pages of documents from his files. Just to let him know how serious I was. 
I sat back and waited for the mail to start coming through going to different internet cafés daily. It did not take long before my anonymous email inbox was full of responses from clients. Mr. Regan, Martha and Douglas with the most threats. The clients assured whomever I was that they had cut all ties to the law firm. It took two days until I got a message from the law firm that Douglas Martin was no longer working for them. In the society page of the local paper, it had a picture of them both, saying the relationship had ended.


I guess Douglas had figured out who was behind all of this as my place was broken into and my computer smashed along with drawers turned up side down. He was looking for my backup disks. I was so glad I had kept the flash drives in my safe under the floor. He would never have been able to access my computer as Donny had looked after that with encryption.


The police arrived, taking fingerprints, he must have worn gloves as the only print was at my door when he had pushed me inside the night he had raped me. His prints were on file for a rape charge that he had beaten over five years ago.


The police picked him up outside my apartment, charged with Breaking and Entering, Trespass, Vandalism and Burglary Theft, he will be disbarred from practicing law and he was sentenced to one year in jail. 
The police asked me if they could take my computer and see if they could retrieve info from my hard drive for me. I knew exactly what they were looking for but knew they would find nothing, thanks to my dear friend Donny. Another dinner was in order for him.
I had an email from Mr. Regan offering me a job with the firm as security personal in charge of computer defrauding. 


I never returned an answer and shut down my secret cyber cafe account.

Who said revenge is sweet? 

 



1 comment: